Sunday, May 31, 2009

I was surprised when one of my friends told me
That I am very choosy and having the highest standards of all standards
I was really sadden by what he said because he didn’t know me at all,
For all I Know I am not like that…

So hear me out when I speak what is on my mind,
You may sometimes misinterpret me as Miss High and Mighty,
Unreachable, career-driven, intelligent and passive…
In a way you may see me as someone like that because I am silent and
I never talk to contest…
I dare not to speak because I for one know myself better than anybody else in this world
Deep inside me there lies simplicity
These are comments that I likely received because of my character
I was branded as the ‘silent girl’ who rarely talks
I never explained my side because I don’t care
But I’m telling you I am not like that
If you will approach me and try to engage me in a conversation
I will not ignore you unless you are with an incorrigible manner.

Yes, I know there are people who approach me
And I never know their true intentions for the reason that
The battle has not yet started but they quit…
They never dare to tell me
I am not adept in those read between the lines scheme…
Tell it to me upfront, it is more appreciated
I will be honest there are times that I am in a brink of falling
And I was holding on because I am afraid of failing…
I needed security and assurance
To let me feel how much I am valued as a person…
Life is a long journey, let us see who will be walking with me until the end of story…
For the record, who wants to be hurt once more?
Who wants to recapture the piece that was broken?
Yes, I am looking for someone’s quality
Fidelity, commitment, consistency of communication and responsibility…
I demanded those traits because I know when I loved
He will have my unwavering loyalty and commitment…

I never require someone to be perfect because I am not perfect
Fidelity is such a lonely word as the song goes
In life we sometimes need to be trustworthy
Even if you two are in million miles away…
Commitment is not an obligation but a matter of dedication…
I never demanded that I will be his world
I just need some of his time to let me know I am loved
Regularity of communication I guess is the right definition…
I know responsibility comes with maturity
Be mature enough for your action and be responsible for your life
If you can not take care of your own life, would you be able to care someone else’s life?

I believed we are beautifully created by God
And in God’s perfect time He will reveal what is in store for us
He is molding us into a wonderful creature
So that when the perfect time comes
We will have the most beautiful love story…

No comments:

Post a Comment